`Rock stars can`t be rock stars anymore`

Rihanna believes that rock stars aren't allowed to be rock stars anymore because of the pressure to be a good role model.

The 23-year-old singer said that people expect celebrities to behave perfectly, all of the time, which she believes 'takes the fun out of it'.

Talking about the restrictions placed on her, she told Glamour magazine, 'In the beginning of my career, it was really strict for me. I couldn't wear pink or red lipstick. It was just bizarre.

'We had a young fan base, and they were trying to keep me fresh. But I really just wanted to be myself. I wanted to be sassy, the attitude, all the things that I am.

'I want to set the right example and, at the same time, live my life.
'I feel like pop stars can't be rock stars anymore because they have to be role models, and it takes the fun out of it for us, because we just want to have fun with art.'

And on the subject of her friendship with fellow pop star Katy Perry, she said the California Gurls singer was a 'breath of fresh air'.

'All my friends are guys, to be completely honest. But when I met her, it was such a breath of fresh air. I just couldn't believe this chick had no edit button,' she said.

'Katy and Lady Gaga came out of the gate exactly the way they think, the way they wanna dress, the way they wanna speak.'

Popular posts from this blog

How to Avoid Pink Prom Dresses From Looking Disastrous

DeBeers Engagement Rings: DeBeers Captivated Women Athwart the Nation state